Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- More than 67m contactless POS terminals shipped in 2020
- Mobile contactless payments now account for one in three card transactions in Russia
- Sainsbury’s lets customers ‘just walk out’ of contactless store in London
- Carrefour opens its first contactless store in Paris
- Westpac expands dynamic CVVs to Android phones
This article is more than six years old