South Korean smart card provider Kona I has unveiled Kona Pay, a platform that allows banks and credit card firms to develop mobile payment services based on NFC, QR and barcodes. “Different from Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, card issuers can have tailored services for their payment systems built upon Kona Pay,” Korea Herald reports CEO Cho Chung-il as saying.
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
This article is more than six years old