Indian mobile payment provider ToneTag, which enables contactless payments through mobile phones using sound waves or NFC technology, has raised US$1m from Reliance Capital. “ToneTag works on all mobile devices including feature phones and does not require any capital investment in existing infrastructure,” Iamwire reports.
- More than 67m contactless POS terminals shipped in 2020
- Mobile contactless payments now account for one in three card transactions in Russia
- Sainsbury’s lets customers ‘just walk out’ of contactless store in London
- Carrefour opens its first contactless store in Paris
- Westpac expands dynamic CVVs to Android phones
This article is more than six years old