Korean card issuers will adopt biometric recognition solutions from September following clearing from the Financial Services Commission. “BC Card is the first local financial institution to launch a biometric recognition and settlement service next month using a fingerprint scanning system,” Korea Bizwire reports. “Shinhan Bank is preparing to introduce a vein pattern recognition system, while Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK) is focusing on iris technology.”
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
- India to open antitrust investigation into Google Pay?
- Morocco boosts contactless transaction limit by 100%
- Dejamobile launches white label solution for contactless payments acceptance on standard NFC devices
This article is more than four years old