Pay-as-you-go customers of Vodafone UK can now top up their mobile phones via Powa Technologies’ mobile payment platform PowaTag in more than 500 Vodafone stores as well as Argos, Brighthouse, Co-Op, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, JD Williams and Wilkinson. The platform is already in use by France’s Teleshopping, Denmark’s Danske Bank and retailer Comptoir des Cotonniers.
- Venmo adds branded animated emojis to payment messages
- Central banks set up digital currency group
- Sberbank lets customers gift their loyalty points to friends and family
- Icici Bank lets customers withdraw cash with their mobile phones
- Shell lets Fiat Chrysler drivers pay for fuel from their vehicles