Mobile POS provider Square is reportedly set to go public after the company filed confidentially for an initial public offering. “Square has been working with Goldman Sachs Group, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan Chase & Co,” Bloomberg reports. The company first surfaced in 2009 and most recently unveiled a new mobile POS device to enable small traders to accept Apple Pay in the US.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot