Mobile POS provider Square is reportedly set to go public after the company filed confidentially for an initial public offering. “Square has been working with Goldman Sachs Group, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan Chase & Co,” Bloomberg reports. The company first surfaced in 2009 and most recently unveiled a new mobile POS device to enable small traders to accept Apple Pay in the US.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than five years old