Mobile POS provider Square is reportedly set to go public after the company filed confidentially for an initial public offering. “Square has been working with Goldman Sachs Group, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan Chase & Co,” Bloomberg reports. The company first surfaced in 2009 and most recently unveiled a new mobile POS device to enable small traders to accept Apple Pay in the US.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline