MasterCard is to test a system that will approve online purchases with a face or fingerprint scan later this year. “If you choose fingerprint, all it takes is a touch. If you go with facial recognition, you stare at the phone, blink once, and you’re done,” CNN reports. “To pull this off, MasterCard said it has partnered with every smartphone maker.” The pilot will involve 500 customers.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot