MasterCard is to test a system that will approve online purchases with a face or fingerprint scan later this year. “If you choose fingerprint, all it takes is a touch. If you go with facial recognition, you stare at the phone, blink once, and you’re done,” CNN reports. “To pull this off, MasterCard said it has partnered with every smartphone maker.” The pilot will involve 500 customers.
- Malaysian government offers cash incentives to mobile payments users
- Indonesia begins EMV QR mobile payments rollout
- Visa to acquire Plaid in $5.3bn move into open banking and integrated payments
- Visa to let merchants accept contactless payments on Android NFC phones
- Samsung Pay adds ‘do not sell my data’ option for US users