MasterCard is to test a system that will approve online purchases with a face or fingerprint scan later this year. “If you choose fingerprint, all it takes is a touch. If you go with facial recognition, you stare at the phone, blink once, and you’re done,” CNN reports. “To pull this off, MasterCard said it has partnered with every smartphone maker.” The pilot will involve 500 customers.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline