Fans of Toronto Maple Leafs will be able to win prizes, interact with Legends Row and explore activities on their smartphones during the hockey team’s draft party via beacons from mobile proximity platform Rover. “Our priority is creating the best experience for our fans and the technology available through companies like Rover provides some exciting possibilities,” says Maple Leafs’ Shannon Hosford.
- China lets foreign visitors use credit cards to fund a central bank digital currency wallet
- Samsung partners with American Express and Korea’s KB Kookmin to develop trackable payment cards
- Mercedes goes live with in-vehicle biometric payments in Germany
- European Payments Initiative to launch pan-European digital wallet under Wero brand name
- Alaska Airlines leverages NFC to let passengers create a digital passport they can store on their smartphone