Cashless payments now account for 37% of all transactions made on vending machines equipped with USA Technologies’ ePort Cashless Payment System, data from the company’s 2015 Cashless Knowledge Base Study has found. There was also a 32% increase in average ticket values when consumers make cashless purchases – including those using mobile wallets – compared to those made with cash.
- China’s JD.com lets consumers make online payments from digital yuan hard wallets using NFC
- UK sees 40% rise in contactless transaction values in 2021
- Apple to let merchants accept contactless payments on iPhones?
- Russia launches digital ruble pilot with 12 banks
- Google sets out its vision for the future of Google Pay
This article is more than six years old