Belgium’s KBC Bank has tweeted that it will be adding support for Apple Pay as early as this summer in response to a customer’s question about whether the financial institution would ever support for the mobile payment service. The bank has since retracted its original statement, “now saying in a second tweet that Apple Pay is not yet in scope,” 9to5mac reports.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than five years old