LevelUp has added a direct carrier billing option from Danal to its NFC and QR code-based in-store mobile payments system. “With a single tap, tens of millions of US mobile subscribers can link their carrier bill to LevelUp, head to any of the 14,000 merchants in the LevelUp ecosystem and pay for their purchase,” the company says.
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday