US retail giant Home Depot is planning to offer Apple Pay at its more than 2,000 stores, a rollout that would make it the largest retailer yet to accept the mobile payments service — though a deal with Apple is not yet in place. “It’s something we’d like to do,” the retailer’s Steve Holmes told Bloomberg, while mentioning that the chain may also add support for “other kinds of mobile payment”.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts