US retail giant Home Depot is planning to offer Apple Pay at its more than 2,000 stores, a rollout that would make it the largest retailer yet to accept the mobile payments service — though a deal with Apple is not yet in place. “It’s something we’d like to do,” the retailer’s Steve Holmes told Bloomberg, while mentioning that the chain may also add support for “other kinds of mobile payment”.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
This article is more than five years old