AMS has won a Sesames award in the emerging payments category at Cartes America for its AS39230 BoostedNFC IC, the chip used by Apple in its iPhone 6 and Apple Watch devices. The boosted analog front end chip can “secure NFC mobile payments by delivering unparalleled NFC performance, even in devices with room for only a tiny antenna,” AMS says.
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- JCB, Mizuho Bank and Fujitsu to test blockchain-based identity exchange technology for securing transactions
- Florida to introduce mobile driving licences
This article is more than five years old