Chinese internet giant Tencent has released a mobile operating system that is set to include mobile payments functionality. TencentOS is designed for wearables, smartphones and other connected devices, and is part of TOS+, the company’s “intelligent hardware open platform strategy”. “The Shenzhen-based company will work with partners to integrate the software into devices including smart glasses,” Bloomberg reports.
- Antelop Solutions opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klip digital wallet goes live in UAE
- Digital payments specialist Dejamobile opens showcase in the NFCW Expo
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
This article is more than five years old