Chinese internet giant Tencent has released a mobile operating system that is set to include mobile payments functionality. TencentOS is designed for wearables, smartphones and other connected devices, and is part of TOS+, the company’s “intelligent hardware open platform strategy”. “The Shenzhen-based company will work with partners to integrate the software into devices including smart glasses,” Bloomberg reports.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts