Twenty seven banks have signed up to use an NFC payments hub being introduced by Taiwan Mobile Payment Co (TWMP), a joint venture formed in July 2014 by three Taiwanese banking groups that will work with local carriers to enable the banks to securely provision customers’ card details to their NFC phones. The new hub is being provided to TWMP by Gemalto.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than six years old