Nascent payments and transaction processing companies in Europe raised US$417.9m through 26 deals in the nine months to September, more than seven times the amount raised during the same period last year, research from Dow Jones VentureSource reveals. Venture capital investment in the sector now surpasses dotcom boom levels, boosted by the uptake of digital technologies and shift in consumer behaviour, WSJ says.
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
This article is more than six years old