Nascent payments and transaction processing companies in Europe raised US$417.9m through 26 deals in the nine months to September, more than seven times the amount raised during the same period last year, research from Dow Jones VentureSource reveals. Venture capital investment in the sector now surpasses dotcom boom levels, boosted by the uptake of digital technologies and shift in consumer behaviour, WSJ says.
- Amex to offer Prada payments bracelet to Centurion members
- Crédit Agricole du Languedoc pilots Dejamobile software POS solution
- Amazon opens its first cashierless store outside US in London
- UK to more than double contactless spending limit to £100
- Fidesmo Pay expands to Switzerland
This article is more than six years old