American Express has partnered with New York basketball team Brooklyn Nets to pilot Brooklyn eWallet, a digital payment solution integrated into the team’s mobile app that lets fans buy food and drink with their mobile phone at any event held at the Barclays Center arena. Fans can link up to 10 credit, charge, debit or prepaid cards to their wallet to fund purchases by taking a picture of their card. They can then make payments at participating concession stands by scanning a QR code generated by the merchant.
- UN reports on impact of Covid-19 on ecommerce payments in developing countries
- Mashreq Bank rolls out contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Contactless payment and instant credit ecosystem rolls out in UAE
- Hyundai includes fingerprint payments sensor in new Genesis GV70 vehicles
- McKinsey and EBA identify threats to European banks’ payments revenues
This article is more than six years old