US carrier joint venture Softcard’s NFC mobile payments service will be available on more than 100 devices by the end of the year. “We believe in customer choice — it’s one of our core principles and an important factor in driving widespread consumer adoption,” says CEO Michael Abbott. Softcard currently runs on selected Android and Windows Phone devices, with support for iOS planned.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot