Chase Paymentech and Vantiv, two of the largest payment processors in the US, have signed up to distribute the former head of Google Wallet’s new Poynt POS terminal to their merchant bases. The device, unveiled by Osama Bedier’s startup last week, supports magnetic stripe, EMV, NFC, QR codes and Bluetooth beacon technology.
- Apple Pay to launch in Argentina and Peru ‘soon’
- One in four consumers expect to switch to being cashless within two years
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
- Banks to pilot biometric payment cards in India, Poland, Iraq, Mexico, Lebanon and Egypt
This article is more than seven years old