US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order “directing the government to lead by example in securing transactions and sensitive data” by adding chip and PIN security to payment cards. “He is calling on all stakeholders to join the Administration and a number of major corporations in driving the [US] economy toward more secure standards to safeguarding consumer finances and reduce their chances of becoming victims of identity theft — America’s fastest-growing crime,” the White House says.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts