Chinese online payments giant Alipay has adopted Nok Nok Labs’ S3 Authentication Suite, enabling customers with a Samsung Galaxy S5 to use the fingerprint sensor (FPS) on their device to authenticate payments. The move means that “Alipay customers who make purchases and transfers in Alipay’s mobile application, Alipay Wallet, no longer need to enter a password — just apply their fingerprint to the FPS for a simple, secure mobile shopping experience leveraging emerging FIDO standards,” says Nok Nok.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than five years old