The list of retailers that look set to accept Apple’s new mobile payments service now includes CVS and Walgreens according to Re/Code and Disney, according to 9to5Mac, which adds that Apple is installing additional Gimbal Series 20 Bluetooth beacons in its stores. Also expected to support Apple mobile payments, according to earlier reports, are Nordstrom, Macy’s and McDonalds with the launch date most likely to be 15 September.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
This article is more than six years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday