Chinese mobile device maker Xiaomi has launched the Mi Band, a CNY79 (US$13) wristband that features sensors for health and fitness tracking and can be used to unlock the wearer’s Xiaomi smartphone via BLE. “Future plans for the Mi Band include making it into a personal ID — so it can unlock your door when you come home, or switch on smart appliances and gadgets,” The Next Web reports.
- NFC tag supplier ShopNFC opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klang2 launches music memory game with NFC
- Samsung lets German customers link any bank account to Samsung Pay
- One in five Japanese consumers to make mobile payments in stores this year
- Adelaide Metro pilots contactless bank card and digital wallet payments for tram ticketing
This article is more than six years old