Chinese mobile device maker Xiaomi has launched the Mi Band, a CNY79 (US$13) wristband that features sensors for health and fitness tracking and can be used to unlock the wearer’s Xiaomi smartphone via BLE. “Future plans for the Mi Band include making it into a personal ID — so it can unlock your door when you come home, or switch on smart appliances and gadgets,” The Next Web reports.
- Majority of Europeans would be happy with contactless transaction limits of up to €150
- Santander lets UK customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Singapore rewards transit users for open loop contactless fare payments
- JFK International Airport gets contactless grab-and-go convenience store
- Google Pay goes live in Israel
This article is more than seven years old