French banking group Credit Mutuel-CIC has introduced an NFC payments service that is available to customers regardless of their mobile network operator. The bank is using Airtag’s Airpass white label mobile wallet solution for the SIM-based service. “The strength of the app is the simple installation process and the convenience added to in-store payment transactions,” says Airtag CEO Jérémie Leroyer.
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
- East Caribbean Central Bank launches digital currency
- Chinese banks roll out digital yuan wallets
This article is more than six years old