LG plans to add facial recognition technology to its LG Pay mobile payments platform, according to The Investor. “After negotiations and a series of tests, the software will likely be deployed in the G6 as early as June when the tech giant is expected to start its mobile payment system LG Pay,” the publication reports. LG Pay was unveiled in March 2017, and will make use of Wireless Magnetic Communication (WMC) technology supplied by Dynamics.
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Estonia’s central bank tests blockchain-powered digital euro solution
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
This article is more than four years old