LG plans to add facial recognition technology to its LG Pay mobile payments platform, according to The Investor. “After negotiations and a series of tests, the software will likely be deployed in the G6 as early as June when the tech giant is expected to start its mobile payment system LG Pay,” the publication reports. LG Pay was unveiled in March 2017, and will make use of Wireless Magnetic Communication (WMC) technology supplied by Dynamics.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts