Mobile POS provider Square has blamed a “change we made to one of our back-end systems” for a service outage which affected payments and other services earlier this week. Merchants logged in to Square were advised to “switch to offline mode to continue taking swipe payments”, while those not logged in had to take alternative forms of payment. The company said its merchant authentication service had been “degraded” but has since confirmed “all Square services have been fully restored”.
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card