Apple CEO Tim Cook told attendees at the company’s annual shareholder meeting this week that Apple Pay “hit an air pocket” this year with adoption in the US trailing other countries, such as China and Australia, where NFC is more broadly available, AppleInsider reports from the event.
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
- Irish banks plan Yippay mobile payments joint venture to compete with new entrants
- Bahamas links digital currency to bank accounts
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
This article is more than four years old