Visa’s mVisa QR-based mobile payment service is now live in India, Kenya and Rwanda and will soon be available in Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Pakistan and Vietnam, the company has announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mastercard’s Masterpass QR service, meanwhile, is now available in seven countries in Africa and Asia — Kenya, Pakistan, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana.
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
- China unveils plan to build a global payment network based on central bank digital currencies
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
This article is more than three years old