Visa’s mVisa QR-based mobile payment service is now live in India, Kenya and Rwanda and will soon be available in Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Pakistan and Vietnam, the company has announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mastercard’s Masterpass QR service, meanwhile, is now available in seven countries in Africa and Asia — Kenya, Pakistan, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana.
- Turkish taxis drivers get contactless payments acceptance on NFC Android phones
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Estonia’s central bank tests blockchain-powered digital euro solution
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
This article is more than four years old