Visa’s mVisa QR-based mobile payment service is now live in India, Kenya and Rwanda and will soon be available in Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Pakistan and Vietnam, the company has announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mastercard’s Masterpass QR service, meanwhile, is now available in seven countries in Africa and Asia — Kenya, Pakistan, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana.
- WHSmith to accept online payments direct from UK customers’ bank accounts
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay