Visa’s mVisa QR-based mobile payment service is now live in India, Kenya and Rwanda and will soon be available in Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Pakistan and Vietnam, the company has announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mastercard’s Masterpass QR service, meanwhile, is now available in seven countries in Africa and Asia — Kenya, Pakistan, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana.
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
- Visa moves into the instalment payments market
- Amazon unveils self-checkout shopping trolleys
- Coca-Cola lets consumers dispense drinks with their mobile phones
- Carrefour integrates its loyalty card with Apple Pay
This article is more than three years old