A pilot test of a cryptocurrency based on blockchain technology has taken place in the canton of Ticino, Switzerland. The use of the paperless Ticinocoin is designed to promote the local economy, and will “save many administrative costs [while] every transaction would be transparent, safe and verifiable by all”, says founder Michele Fiscalini.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts