A pilot test of a cryptocurrency based on blockchain technology has taken place in the canton of Ticino, Switzerland. The use of the paperless Ticinocoin is designed to promote the local economy, and will “save many administrative costs [while] every transaction would be transparent, safe and verifiable by all”, says founder Michele Fiscalini.
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
- Walgreens lets customers pay with points at the POS
- Poppy appeal adds contactless donations boxes in Canada
This article is more than three years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday