Samsung Pay has begun rolling out across Thailand following its launch through an early access programme in October 2016. Supporting partners include Mastercard, Visa, KCC, Bangkok Bank, Citibank, KasikornBank, KTC and Siam Commercial Bank. “We hope Samsung Pay will play a big role in transforming Thailand in line with its national e-payment strategy,” says Samsung’s Wichai Pornpratang.
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
This article is more than four years old