Samsung Pay has begun rolling out across Thailand following its launch through an early access programme in October 2016. Supporting partners include Mastercard, Visa, KCC, Bangkok Bank, Citibank, KasikornBank, KTC and Siam Commercial Bank. “We hope Samsung Pay will play a big role in transforming Thailand in line with its national e-payment strategy,” says Samsung’s Wichai Pornpratang.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than three years old