Japanese ecommerce and internet giant Rakuten is to add support for 14 electronic money services to its in-store payment system from summer 2017. Rakuten Pay will accept payments through Rakuten Edy — Rakuten’s own electronic money service which brings with it support for Android Pay — as well as QuicPay+, iD and Aeon Group’s Waon, and nine transportation card issuers: Suica, Pasmo, Kitaca, Toica, Manaca, Icoca, Sugoca, Nimoca and Hayakaken.
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking
- Venmo adds branded animated emojis to payment messages
- Central banks set up digital currency group