The amount of money spent around the world using a mobile wallet will rise by nearly 32% this year to US$1.35tn, Juniper Research predicts. In Europe, the implementation of PSD2 (Payment Services Directive 2) should “spur further competition within the European wallet space, with existing players poised to introduce additional services to complement their payment offerings,” the research firm adds.
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform