Google will launch two flagship smartwatches that include support for Android Pay mobile payments in the first quarter of 2017, Jeff Chang, product manager for Android Wear at Google, has told The Verge. A Google Play Services v10.0 APK teardown revealed plans to add support for Android Pay to Android Wear 2.0 in November 2016.
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
- Aldi tests checkout-free technology at London store
This article is more than four years old