Customers of Lebanon-based Byblos Bank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using ByblosPay, a new service developed by the bank with Visa, CSC Bank and mobile app developer Foo. “With the launch of ByblosPay, Byblos Bank becomes the first bank in Lebanon and the region extending from Jordan and Iraq to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and from Egypt to Morocco to adopt HCE technology,” the bank says.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than four years old