Customers of Lebanon-based Byblos Bank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using ByblosPay, a new service developed by the bank with Visa, CSC Bank and mobile app developer Foo. “With the launch of ByblosPay, Byblos Bank becomes the first bank in Lebanon and the region extending from Jordan and Iraq to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and from Egypt to Morocco to adopt HCE technology,” the bank says.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
This article is more than four years old