Customers of Lebanon-based Byblos Bank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using ByblosPay, a new service developed by the bank with Visa, CSC Bank and mobile app developer Foo. “With the launch of ByblosPay, Byblos Bank becomes the first bank in Lebanon and the region extending from Jordan and Iraq to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and from Egypt to Morocco to adopt HCE technology,” the bank says.
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- Nordic countries record surge in contactless payments during pandemic
- Google Pay to launch mobile-first bank accounts in the USA in 2021
- American Express adds instant digital card provisioning for Apple Pay
This article is more than four years old