Fintech firm Fiserv has collaborated with Gesa Credit Union in the US to introduce palm-vein biometric authentication into Fiserv’s DNA account processing platform — the first palm-vein authentication solution implemented by a US financial institution. The companies found the Verifast solution reduced the time it takes to authenticate a member in the branch by 93% and was given top marks by 99.9% of Gesa members on both the registration process and ease of use.
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- CTA adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit for tap-and-go fare payments in Chicago
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
This article is more than three years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday