The global NFC market is expected to reach US$47.43bn by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research. The industry is poised for “unprecedented growth”, it says, with Asia Pacific expected to remain the key revenue generating region, accounting for over 20% share in 2015. NFC tags and readers are expected to portray highest growth over the forecast period, the report adds, due to the high demand for mobile payments and access control.
- Sicilian farmers use NFC to let consumers verify the authenticity of premium blood oranges
- Real-time video shows Cilab’s high-speed NFC tester in action
- NFC Forum releases four new specifications
- Fifteen US universities to add student IDs to Google Pay
- NTT Docomo combines UWB and NFC for hands-free payments at the POS