The global NFC market is expected to reach US$47.43bn by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research. The industry is poised for “unprecedented growth”, it says, with Asia Pacific expected to remain the key revenue generating region, accounting for over 20% share in 2015. NFC tags and readers are expected to portray highest growth over the forecast period, the report adds, due to the high demand for mobile payments and access control.
- Hyundai to add support for Apple NFC car keys
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
- Huawei launches NFC and Bluetooth digital keys for electric smart car
This article is more than five years old