Mastercard has announced a partnership with wearable payments platform provider Fit Pay to bring contactless payments to wearables and internet of things devices. The payments giant says the companies will integrate the Fit Pay platform with the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service, and work with Wearatec and other device manufacturers to develop a “variety of secure contactless payments-enabled devices”. More than 2.5m devices are expected to be enabled for payments in 2017, Fit Pay says, with the number rising to more than 9m in 2018.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot