Money transfer network Western Union has launched a mobile payment app in Canada to enable domestic and cross-border money transfers. “The new app allows users instant, anytime, anywhere access to Western Union’s sophisticated physical and digital money transfer infrastructure, allowing them to send money to nearly every corner of the world in just a few clicks,” the company says. Consumers will also be able to view past and pending transactions and track money transfers from their mobile device.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than four years old