Online and in-app purchases made via Apple Pay and Android Pay will reach US$8bn in 2018, up from $540m this year, Juniper Research predicts. “Staples, for example, has already reported that over 30% of its iOS app users make in-app purchases through Apple Pay,” the firm says. “Meanwhile, despite the continued contraction of the consumer tablet market, more than 85% of remote goods payments are forecast to be made using mobile devices in 2021.”
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?