Oberthur Technologies (OT) has unveiled Flybuy, a range of devices that add NFC payments to existing wearables. The range includes a Flybuy Mini Fob — a very small contactless card with a boosted antenna that can be inserted into a wristband, keychain or specially adapted fitness tracker or watch — and a Flybuy Secure Element, allowing OEMs to be embedded directly at the manufacturing stage. “They can be used for payment but also for public transport and access control,” OT says.
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
- Three in four UK consumers want to set their own contactless spending limit
This article is more than five years old