Oberthur Technologies (OT) has unveiled Flybuy, a range of devices that add NFC payments to existing wearables. The range includes a Flybuy Mini Fob — a very small contactless card with a boosted antenna that can be inserted into a wristband, keychain or specially adapted fitness tracker or watch — and a Flybuy Secure Element, allowing OEMs to be embedded directly at the manufacturing stage. “They can be used for payment but also for public transport and access control,” OT says.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot