Bankcard association UnionPay International has launched its host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization-based mobile payment service in Canada. “The merchants accepting mobile QuickPass this time are mainly restaurants, hotels, retail outlets, supermarkets and convenience stores,” the company says. More than 20 commercial banks signed up to support mobile QuickPass when it made its launch in Beijing in December 2015. It launched in South Korea in June 2016.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot