Samsung Pay has invited a “select group of consumers” in Singapore to begin beta testing the mobile payment service ahead of an anticipated launch in Q2 2016. “Response from consumers is encouraging, with thousands who have signed up,” Samsung says. “Registration has now closed and eligible consumers will be notified progressively ahead of the Samsung Pay Beta Test Program.” Citibank Singapore has also announced that it will support Samsung Pay when it launches in the country.
- Financial Conduct Authority to add new protections for consumers’ funds
- Interac reports surge in digital payments adoption
- Bitkom reports major switch in German attitudes to contactless payments
- Swedish government regulates online payment options
- Tappy demo shows how brands can add contactless payments to wearables
This article is more than three years old