Apple Pay will be expanding to Visa and MasterCard in Canada by May 10, “barring any unforeseen circumstances,” iPhone in Canada reports. “As for Canadian bank support, we’re told at least two of the Big 5 banks will support Apple Pay,” the publication adds. Apple Pay went live in Canada for American Express cardholders in November 2015.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than five years old