Google will terminate its physical Google Wallet Card on June 30, an app teardown from Android Police reveals. “Google will continue all operations with the Wallet Card through May 1,” the publication reports. “This won’t impact the Google Wallet app or any accounts, since they will continue to be useful for sending and receiving money from other users. Balances can be withdrawn at any time. No reason has been given for terminating the physical card.”
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than five years old