Chinese internet giant Tencent has reported that the number of monthly active users (MAU) of its mobile payments services has increased by seven times over the last year. Its QQ Wallet was used to exchange 6bn red envelopes during the Lunar New Year holidays and Weixin Pay was used to exchange 32bn red envelopes over the same period, up nine times on a year ago. “For Weixin and WeChat together, MAU reached 697 million at the end of 2015, representing YoY growth of 39%,” Tencent says.
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
- Canadian retailer vends ready-made meals from contactless kiosks
- Pret A Manger pilots contactless charity donations in UK outlets
This article is more than four years old