Chinese internet giant Tencent has reported that the number of monthly active users (MAU) of its mobile payments services has increased by seven times over the last year. Its QQ Wallet was used to exchange 6bn red envelopes during the Lunar New Year holidays and Weixin Pay was used to exchange 32bn red envelopes over the same period, up nine times on a year ago. “For Weixin and WeChat together, MAU reached 697 million at the end of 2015, representing YoY growth of 39%,” Tencent says.
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform
- NAB to integrate receipts into mobile banking app
- Nissan to build RFID payments into all cars sold in Brazil