Apple has announced a new, entry level iPhone that includes “an NFC radio and a secure element”, a Touch ID fingerprint sensor and support for Apple Pay. The 4-inch iPhone SE comes with Apple’s latest A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor, making it as powerful as the iPhone 6S, and features a 12-megapixel camera. The iPhone SE will begin shipping on 31 March.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than five years old