More than one billion transactions were processed through mobile money services globally in December 2015, the GSMA reveals, with registered accounts growing by nearly 100m — taking the total to 411m. “Mobile money is available in 85% of countries where most of the population lacks access to formal financial institutions,” the association says.
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
- China unveils plan to build a global payment network based on central bank digital currencies
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
This article is more than four years old