Customers of the USA’s Radius Bank can now make peer-to-peer money transfers using the recipient’s email address or mobile number. “To send money via Radius Pay a Friend, users simply access the service from their online or mobile banking account, enter the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number and payment amount and verify the transaction using their debit card’s personal identification number,” the bank says.
- New York City bans cashless stores
- China publishes face recognition payments guidelines
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking