Customers of the USA’s Radius Bank can now make peer-to-peer money transfers using the recipient’s email address or mobile number. “To send money via Radius Pay a Friend, users simply access the service from their online or mobile banking account, enter the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number and payment amount and verify the transaction using their debit card’s personal identification number,” the bank says.
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
- China unveils plan to build a global payment network based on central bank digital currencies
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
This article is more than five years old