Customers of Banco Nacional de Costa Rica will be able to access their bank account and check their balance by scanning their face using their mobile device from the second quarter of this year. In a second phase the bank will extend face recognition to users of its web-based banking facilities, says technology provider FacePhi.
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- Dayton RTA adds physical cards to Tapp Pay mobile ticketing service
This article is more than five years old