Customers of Banco Nacional de Costa Rica will be able to access their bank account and check their balance by scanning their face using their mobile device from the second quarter of this year. In a second phase the bank will extend face recognition to users of its web-based banking facilities, says technology provider FacePhi.
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- CTA adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit for tap-and-go fare payments in Chicago
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday