Customers of Banco Nacional de Costa Rica will be able to access their bank account and check their balance by scanning their face using their mobile device from the second quarter of this year. In a second phase the bank will extend face recognition to users of its web-based banking facilities, says technology provider FacePhi.
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Metrolinx adds support for debit card payments to contactless ticketing pilot in Toronto
- Credit Libanais to trial biometric payment cards
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- UAE to let residents access government and private sector services using their face
This article is more than five years old