Mintchip, the digital currency developed and field tested in an NFC payments pilot by The Royal Canadian Mint, has been acquired by Loyalty Pays Holdings Corporation, a subsidiary of NanoPay. “NanoPay is now focused on expanding partnerships with central banks, commercial banks, telcos, acquirers, retailers as well as developers and POS providers that will further expand the utility and acceptance of MintChip,” the loyalty and payments platform provider says.
- Apple Pay to go live in Mexico “very soon”
- Economists propose single global digital currency
- Dejamobile white paper explains how software-only POS solutions will drive wider adoption of in-store contactless payments
- Antelop launches secure customer authentication SDK
- Mastercard adds NFC payments to virtual corporate cards
This article is more than four years old